We are principally engaged in the provision of vessel chartering services to transport dry bulk cargo. As at 31 December 2016, we own and operate a fleet of 65 vessels consisting of tugboats and barges which mainly navigate waters around the Indonesian archipelago.
Our tugboats and barges are used to transport mainly thermal coal, sand and other quarry materials, with the transport of thermal coal from coal mines to thermal power stations and cement companies which operate their own thermal power plants in Indonesia. We enter into freight or time charters which range from a period of one to five years. Our freight charters typically involve domestic routes in Indonesia from Kalimantan to various ports in Java and Sulawesi while our time charters involve mainly domestic routes around the Sumatra Island.
Our fleet of tugboats and barges has an average age of less than 16 years which is the estimated useful lives of such vessels under normal wear and tear conditions. All of our tugboats are installed with Global Positioning System (GPS) to assist in deploying our vessels more efficiently as the GPS enables us to track and monitor the routes and locations of our vessels on real time basis.
Own fleet of high quality and efficient vessels
- One of largest companies in Indonesia in terms of fleet capacity engaged in chartering services for port-to-port transportation of commodities
- Relatively young fleet which enables us to operate more efficiently with lower running costs
- Policy of continuously refurbishing and repairing our fleet ensures that our vessels are well-maintained and operating at optimum efficiency
- GPS systems allow us to optimize the utilisation of our vessels and respond to our customers’ requirements in a flexible and timely manner
Strong customer base and stable business from our major customers
- Major customer, PT. Maritim Barito Perkasa, a subsidiary of Adaro Energy, contributes significantly to our Group’s revenue
- Business expansion of our major customers will drive the demand for our services
- Established strong relationships with our major customers result in repeat orders from such customers
Experienced and committed management team
- Mr Masdjan, an executive director and chief operating officer of our Group has more than 20 years of experience in the barge chartering industry
- Experienced and dedicated management team actively involved in operational issues
- Extensive knowledge, experience and network critical to decision making
Established track record
- Engaged in the business of barge chartering since 1999
- Provision of quality services at competitive pricing
- Reliable turnaround time and consistent ability to meet our customers’ needs.